用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【工作⊕签证⊕海归】→ 主题:签证在2010年10月底到期的同学注意啦!!!!【希望置顶】

字体:    回复
签证在2010年10月底到期的同学注意啦!!!!【希望置顶】
nubislian(2010/7/9 1:23:30)  点击:60057  回复:3  IP:81.* * *
此贴在2010/12/6 6:35:11被*admin*编辑过

在09年6,7月收到学校offer的同学们情况大概跟我一样(昂立的不算),visa都是到2010年10月到期。但学位却要在2010年11月才能拿到。要转工签(Tier1)的同学都面临着没有学位不能续签的问题

在今年之前,转工签是不用拿到学位才能签的,但今年开始却变成了必须拿到了学位才能签。这样就造成了很尴尬的状况。

我咨询过international office,得到的答复是,visa10月到期,但想留英,申请转工签的同学,请联系Ian MacLellan,他的联系方式是:[email protected]。说明自己的情况,他会联系对应的学院部门,然后通知你是否可以在10月visa到期之前给出学位,以便续签。目前大部分学院已经说可以提前给学位了,有待进一步确认。没有跟Ian联系的同学,是不能在11月之前拿到学位的。

另外,10月到期,只想参加毕业典礼,但不打算转工签的同学,可以选择方法一:到期之前回国,然后申请旅游签证来参加毕业典礼。方法二:申请Tier4续签学生签证。

以下是Ian的原文,请大家转述身边相关的同学,避免因签证问题而影响计划

Dear Student

I am writing to update you on your visa situation. I have been in discussion with
relevant staff in the University and it seems very likely that we will be able to
confirm your degree in the last week of October. I still await final confirmation
from some departments and will be able to confirm the position soon.

I have arranged a meeting for 6 August for all students who receive this message -
time and venue to be confirmed. At this meeting I will discuss your options and
answer questions that you have about the visa process.

For now,  here is the situation:

If you want to stay in the UK and apply for Tier 1 Post Study Work:

*       We are planning to confirm as many degrees as possible by 27 October. This
will leave 2-3 days for you to complete a Tier 1 Post Study Work application and
send it to UKBA. Please bear in mind that I will have confirmation of which
departments will meet this deadline in the coming weeks but it seems that most
departments will be able to complete the process in time.
*       Student Programmes will only  prioritise degree confirmation for those
students who have given their name to me as a person needing a quick degree
confirmation because the current visa expires at end of October. If you have friends
who are in the same position as you who have not received this email please ask them
to contact me.
*       You will need to have all the other requirements in place to apply for Tier
1 Post Study Work - this includes maintaining a bank balance of over £800 (plus £533
for each dependant) for three months prior to the date of application. If you have
any desire to apply for Tier 1 PSW you MUST make sure you maintain the appropriate
bank balance.
*       You will also have to complete the application forms in advance of your
degree confirmation to save time.
*       The cost of a postal application is £550

If your department will not meet the deadline, or if you only want to stay for
Graduation then return home:

*       You will need to apply for a visa extension as a student under Tier 4 of the
immigration system. To do this you will need to show that you have at least £600 for
each subsequent month of study to a maximum of 2 (so a balance of £1200 is
advisable) and that you have held this money for 28 days before you apply. You must
apply for your visa extension before 13 September and can apply any time from now.
*       Once your visa is extended, you will be able to wait for degree confirmation
and apply for a Tier 1 PSW visa in November or December.
*       The cost of this visa application will be £357 if you apply by post or £628
if you book an in-person appointment.
*       If you need to follow this option I can explain the process with you at our
meeting on 6 August.

If you are planning to return home before October:
*       You can apply to return to the UK as a visitor to attend graduation.
*       You can apply for a Tier 1 PSW visa from home, but bear in mind:
1.      The financial requirement is £2,800 held in your account for 3 months; and
2.      There will be limited time to obtain a visa if you wish to return in time
for the graduation ceremony.

I will contact you again in the near future with more details of the meeting I am
arranging for 6 August and with confirmation of which departments will be able to
confirm results by the deadline we have set.

I will be in touch again soon.

Best wishes

Ian MacLellan
International Student Adviser
University of Stirling
Stirling FK9 4LA

Tel: +44 1786 466801
Fax: + 44 1786 466800
www.stir.ac.uk/international

.1.  回复:签证在2010年10月底到期的同学注意啦!!!!【希望置顶】
追梦人生(2010/7/22 21:14:20)  IP:139.* * *
请问有同学有最新消息吗?我在论坛看到本帖后 ,在7月14日发了E-MAIL给Ian, 但至今没有回复!有同学遇到同样情况吗?P.S. 我到Pathfoot的International Student Office咨询过同样的问题。当时前台的女孩打电话给里面的OFFICER咨询,她告诉我可以通过学校出具证明“已经通过论文并顺利毕业”去申请PSW签证。很矛盾哦~~~
.2.  回复:签证在2010年10月底到期的同学注意啦!!!!【希望置顶】
nubislian(2010/7/24 9:38:50)  IP:86.* * *
此贴在2011/7/7 0:11:32被*admin*编辑过

因为太多人问Ian了,他也在咨询各个学院。7月16日他发了一封邮件给我,内容如下:
Dear Student

You are invited to a meeting on 6 August 2010 at 2pm in Pathfoot Lecture Theatre.
This will be an opportunity to discuss the options outlined below.

Based on the information below my best advice is to maintain a bank balance of at
least £800 and if possible £1200 (this keeps the option of a Tier 4 extension open).

Note that as long as you submit a valid application (ie a complete application)
before your current visa expires you will be able to stay in the UK legally until
your new visa application has been decided.

I will go through these options and the application processes at our meeting. I will
be able to advise on completing the Tier 1 application form but will not be able to
send these applications on your behalf.

If you want to stay in the UK and apply for Tier 1 Post Study Work:

*       We are planning to confirm as many degrees as possible by 27 October. This
will leave 2-3 days for you to complete a Tier 1 Post Study Work application and
send it to UKBA. Please bear in mind that I will have confirmation of which
departments will meet this deadline in the coming weeks but it seems that most
departments will be able to complete the process in time.
*       It is important to submit the Tier 1 PSW application before your current
permission expires as this will keep your stay in the UK legal until your new
application is decided.
*       Student Programmes will only  prioritise degree confirmation for those
students who have given their name to me as a person needing a quick degree
confirmation because the current visa expires at end of October. If you have friends
who are in the same position as you who have not received this email please ask them
to contact me.
*       Note - this option will only be possible for students who have achieved a
Masters degree. If you obtain a diploma or certificate you will not be able to apply
for Tier 1 PSW.
*       You will need to have all the other requirements in place to apply for Tier
1 Post Study Work - this includes maintaining a bank balance of over £800 (plus £533
for each dependant) for three months prior to the date of application. If you have
any desire to apply for Tier 1 PSW you MUST make sure you maintain the appropriate
bank balance.
*       You will also have to complete the application forms in advance of your
degree confirmation to save time.
*       The cost of a postal application is £550

If your department will not meet the deadline, if you think you may fail your
dissertation, or if you only want to stay for Graduation then return home:

*       You will need to apply for a visa extension as a student under Tier 4 of the
immigration system. To do this you will need to show that you have at least £600 for
each subsequent month of study to a maximum of 2 (so a balance of £1200 is
advisable) and that you have held this money for 28 days before you apply. You must
apply for your visa extension before 13 September and can apply any time from now.
*       Once your visa is extended, you will be able to wait for degree confirmation
and apply for a Tier 1 PSW visa in November or December.
*       The cost of this visa application will be £357 if you apply by post or £628
if you book an in-person appointment.
*       If you need to follow this option I can explain the process with you at our
meeting on 6 August.

If you are planning to return home before October:
*       You can apply to return to the UK as a visitor to attend graduation.
*       You can apply for a Tier 1 PSW visa from home, but bear in mind:
1.      The financial requirement is £2,800 held in your account for 3 months; and
2.      There will be limited time to obtain a visa if you wish to return in time
for the graduation ceremony.

I hope to see you on 6 August.

Best wishes

Ian MacLellan
International Student Adviser
University of Stirling
Stirling FK9 4LA

Tel: +44 1786 466801
Fax: + 44 1786 466800
www.stir.ac.uk/international

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共2回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【工作⊕签证⊕海归】→ 回复:签证在2010年10月底到期的同学注意啦!!!!【希望置顶】
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找