用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:布什09告别演说:中英双语对照演讲稿

字体:    回复
布什09告别演说:中英双语对照演讲稿
pizza(2009/1/19 18:32:47)  点击:56664  回复:2  IP:212.* * *
  美国当地时间15日晚8时(北京时间16日上午9时),美国总统布什在白宫发表最后告别演说。据白宫官员透露,演说总长13分钟,共5页,布什称自己的总统任期为“在危机中取得重大成就”的时期。

Fellow citizens: For eight years, it has been my honor to serve as your President. The first decade of this new century has been a period of consequence - a time set apart. Tonight, with a thankful heart, I have asked for a final opportunity to share some thoughts on the journey we have traveled together and the future of our Nation.

八年的总统生涯,是美国人民赋予我的荣耀!21世纪的前10年是一个并不寻常的时期。今晚,我带着一颗感恩的心来到这里,并且我希望你们能给我最后一次机会,因为我想和你们分享我对过去八总统生涯的想法,以及我对国家未来的展望。

Five days from now, the world will witness the vitality of American democracy. In a tradition dating back to our founding, the presidency will pass to a successor chosen by you, the American people. Standing on the steps of the Capitol will be a man whose story reflects the enduring promise of our land. This is a moment of hope and pride for our whole Nation. And I join all Americans in offering best wishes to President-elect Obama, his wife Michelle, and their two beautiful girls.

5天以后,全世界就将会看到美国民主的活力。我即将把我的工作交由你们心目中的理想总统,奥巴马!能够接受全美人民崇敬的人,必须能够为你们,为这片土地带来希望。对于我们的国家来说,这是一个充满希望和自豪的时刻。并且,我渴望与美国人民一道为奥巴马,他的妻子和两个漂亮的女儿送去美好的祝愿。

Tonight I am filled with gratitude - to Vice President Cheney and members of the Administration; to Laura, who brought joy to this house and love to my life; to our wonderful daughters, Barbara and Jenna; to my parents, whose examples have provided strength for a lifetime. And above all, I thank the American people for the trust you have given me. I thank you for the prayers that have lifted my spirits. And I thank you for the countless acts of courage, generosity, and grace that I have witnessed these past eight years.

今天,我满怀感激之情,感谢我的副总统切尼以及我所有的政府成员。我还要感谢我的妻子劳拉和我的女儿芭芭拉,詹娜,是她们给我的生活带来了无尽的快乐和爱意。我感谢我的父母,是他们给予了我前进的动力。最重要的是,我感谢美国人民给予我的信任,我感谢你们给予我的勇气、宽容。

This evening, my thoughts return to the first night I addressed you from this house - September 11, 2001. That morning, terrorists took nearly 3,000 lives in the worst attack on America since Pearl Harbor. I remember standing in the rubble of the World Trade Center three days later, surrounded by rescuers who had been working around the clock. I remember talking to brave souls who charged through smoke-filled corridors at the Pentagon and to husbands and wives whose loved ones became heroes aboard Flight 93. I remember Arlene Howard, who gave me her fallen son's police shield as a reminder of all that was lost. And I still carry his badge.

今晚,我的思绪回到了2001年的9月11日。当天早晨,恐怖分子带走了近3000人的生命。自珍珠港事件后,恐怖分子制造了美国历史上最严重的一次恐怖袭击。我想起了3天后我站在世贸中心废墟前的情景,那时,我诚挚地与那些夜以继日抢救伤者的救援工人们交谈,他们不顾自己的危险,在浓烟滚滚的五角大楼的走廊里抓紧工作。同时,我也为不幸遇难的人感到痛心,他们是我们的英雄!我想起了阿琳-霍华德,他当时把他死去儿子的警察盾牌交给了我,以表达对逝者的思念之情。而现在,我仍然珍藏着他的徽章。

As the years passed, most Americans were able to return to life much as it had been before Nine-Eleven. But I never did. Every morning, I received a briefing on the threats to our Nation. And I vowed to do everything in my power to keep us safe.

随着时间的推移,大部分的美国人民能够从悲痛中解脱出来,并重归“9.11”之前正常的生活。然而,我还没有解脱。每天清晨,我都会收到简报,获知是什么还在威胁着我们国家的安全,并且我发誓一定会竭尽全力来维护你们的安全。

Over the past seven years, a new Department of Homeland Security has been created. The military, the intelligence community, and the FBI have been transformed. Our Nation is equipped with new tools to monitor the terrorists' movements, freeze their finances, and break up their plots. And with strong allies at our side, we have taken the fight to the terrorists and those who support them. Afghanistan has gone from a nation where the Taliban harbored al Qaeda and stoned women in the streets to a young democracy that is fighting terror and encouraging girls to go to school. Iraq has gone from a brutal dictatorship and a sworn enemy of America to an Arab democracy at the heart of the Middle East and a friend of the United States.

在过去的7年中,我们成立了新的国土安全部。我们的军队,军事情报部门,以及FBI都进行了改革。为了监视恐怖分子的行动,我们已经做了充分的准备,我们冻结了恐怖分子的账户,并屡屡打破了他们的图谋。我们身边也有强大的同盟国,并且我们携起手来共同打击恐怖分子以及那些支持恐怖分子的人。在我们的帮助下,阿富汗已经由恐怖主义的天堂转变成了一个尚未成熟的民主国家,那里的人们正和恐怖主义战斗。此外,女孩子上学也得到了应有的尊重。伊拉克也已经摆脱了萨达姆的残酷统治,并且其不再是美国人民的敌人。相反,伊拉克已经成为了中东地区阿拉伯民主的核心和美国的朋友。

.1.  回复:布什09告别演说:中英双语对照演讲稿
pizza(2009/1/19 18:34:12)  IP:212.* * *
  There is legitimate debate about many of these decisions. But there can be little debate about the results. America has gone more than seven years without another terrorist attack on our soil. This is a tribute to those who toil day and night to keep us safe - law enforcement officers, intelligence analysts, homeland security and diplomatic personnel, and the men and women of the United States Armed Forces.

针对我的许多决策,有人对其合法性表示出怀疑。但是,当我们看到结果时这些人就不会再发出疑问了。在过去的七年多来,美国本土再也没有遭受过恐怖袭击。这要归功于那些日夜辛劳保护我们安全的人们:执法人员、情报分析员、国土安全人员、外交人员、以及美军的士兵们。

Our Nation is blessed to have citizens who volunteer to defend us in this time of danger. I have cherished meeting these selfless patriots and their families. America owes you a debt of gratitude. And to all our men and women in uniform listening tonight: There has been no higher honor than serving as your Commander in Chief.

受上帝的恩典,美国有这些愿意在国家危难之际挺身保护他人的公民。我非常珍惜美国可以拥有这些无私的爱国者及其家庭。美国感激你们。对于那些正在收听的演讲的美军士兵们来说,没有什么荣誉要比让你当上总司令还要崇高。

The battles waged by our troops are part of a broader struggle between two dramatically different systems. Under one, a small band of fanatics demands total obedience to an oppressive ideology, condemns women to subservience, and marks unbelievers for murder. The other system is based on the conviction that freedom is the universal gift of Almighty God and that liberty and justice light the path to peace.

美军正在从事的战争从属于两种系统之间的冲突,而这两种系统又有天壤之别。在其中的一种系统中,一小撮狂热分子要求所有人都服从于他们所制定的暴虐的意识形态,这些人让妇女屈从,而对那些不相信他们暴政的人进行谋杀。而另一种系统则相信自由是上帝给予全世界的礼物,自由与正义是通往和平的道路。

This is the belief that gave birth to our Nation. And in the long run, advancing this belief is the only practical way to protect our citizens. When people live in freedom, they do not willingly choose leaders who pursue campaigns of terror. When people have hope in the future, they will not cede their lives to violence and extremism. So around the world, America is promoting human liberty, human rights, and human dignity. We are standing with dissidents and young democracies, providing AIDS medicine to bring dying patients back to life, and sparing mothers and babies from malaria. And this great republic born alone in liberty is leading the world toward a new age when freedom belongs to all nations.

美国,正是基于这样的信念诞生的。从长远来看,推广这种理念是保护我们公民的唯一选择。当人们生活在自由之中时,他们就不愿再去选择那些追求恐怖活动的领导者。当人们对未来怀有希望时,他们就不会将自己的生命交给暴力和极端主义。环视全球,美国正在推动人类自由、人权及人的尊严的发展。我们同持有不同政见者以及年轻的民主国家同在,我们为挽救生命而提供治疗艾滋病的药物,我们避免母亲和自己的孩子染上疟疾。自由是美国成立的唯一基石,并且领导世界向一个自由普照全球的时代发展。

For eight years, we have also strived to expand opportunity and hope here at home. Across our country, students are rising to meet higher standards in public schools. A new Medicare prescription drug benefit is bringing peace of mind to seniors and the disabled. Every taxpayer pays lower income taxes. The addicted and suffering are finding new hope through faith-based programs. Vulnerable human life is better protected. Funding for our veterans has nearly doubled. America's air, water, and lands are measurably cleaner. And the Federal bench includes wise new members like Justice Sam Alito and Chief Justice John Roberts.

过去的八年,我们努力扩大美国人民所拥有的机会与希望。在美国,学生不断上进,以求符合公立学校更高的标准。对于老人和残疾人来说,一种新的医疗处方药福利令他们颇感舒心。每个纳税人缴纳了更少的税款。通过以信仰为基础的治疗项目,那些瘾君子和痛苦的人们找到了新希望。过去八年来的工作更好地保护了人脆弱的生命。对于退伍老兵的补助几乎增加了一倍。美国的一山一水都真切地变得更为干净。睿智的山姆-阿力拓、首席法官约翰-罗伯茨加入到联邦法院中。

When challenges to our prosperity emerged, we rose to meet them. Facing the prospect of a financial collapse, we took decisive measures to safeguard our economy. These are very tough times for hardworking families, but the toll would be far worse if we had not acted. All Americans are in this together. And together, with determination and hard work, we will restore our economy to the path of growth. We will show the world once again the resilience of America's free enterprise system.

当美国的繁荣遇到挑战时,我们勇敢地去面对。当金融危机发生时,我们采取果断措施来保护我们的经济。对于那些辛勤工作的家庭来说,这些都是十分艰难的时期。但是如果我们不采取行动的话,结果将会更为糟糕。所有的美国人都站在了一起。凭借着我们的决心和辛勤工作,我们将美国经济重新拉回到增长的车道上。我们将向世界再次展现美国自由企业制度的复兴。

Like all who have held this office before me, I have experienced setbacks. There are things I would do differently if given the chance. Yet I have always acted with the best interests of our country in mind. I have followed my conscience and done what I thought was right. You may not agree with some tough decisions I have made. But I hope you can agree that I was willing to make the tough decisions.

正如所有前任总统一样,我也曾经历过挫折。如果可能的话,我会采取不一样的方式来应对这些措施。但是,我总是为国家利益的最大化来行动。你也许会不同意我所做出的一些决定,但我希望你能理解我是愿意采取这些措施的。

The decades ahead will bring more hard choices for our country, and there are some guiding principles that should shape our course.

未来的几十年,美国将面对更多的艰难抉择,而有一些指导性原则可以塑造我们的道路。

.2.  回复:布什09告别演说:中英双语对照演讲稿
pizza(2009/1/19 18:34:50)  IP:212.* * *
  While our Nation is safer than it was seven years ago, the gravest threat to our people remains another terrorist attack. Our enemies are patient and determined to strike again. America did nothing to seek or deserve this conflict. But we have been given solemn responsibilities, and we must meet them. We must resist complacency. We must keep our resolve. And we must never let down our guard.

尽管我们的国家要比7年前更为安全,但目前美国最严峻的威胁仍然是另一场恐怖袭击。我们的敌人十分耐心,并且决心要再次发动袭击。美国没有故意挑起冲突。但是我们肩负着庄严的责任,必须同恐怖主义作斗争。我们不能骄傲自满,我们要坚定决心,我们绝不能放松警惕。

At the same time, we must continue to engage the world with confidence and clear purpose. In the face of threats from abroad, it can be tempting to seek comfort by turning inward. But we must reject isolationism and its companion, protectionism. Retreating behind our borders would only invite danger. In the 21st century, security and prosperity at home depend on the expansion of liberty abroad. If America does not lead the cause of freedom, that cause will not be led.

与此同时,我们必须带着信心和清晰的目标参与世界事务。面对来自海外的威胁,在国内寻求安慰是一种诱人的举措。但是我们必须拒绝孤立主义与保护主义。退缩只会找来危险。在21世纪,国内的安全和繁荣需要依靠国外自由的扩展。如果美国不领导自由事业,那么自由事业就将无所适从。

As we address these challenges - and others we cannot foresee tonight - America must maintain our moral clarity. I have often spoken to you about good and evil. This has made some uncomfortable. But good and evil are present in this world, and between the two there can be no compromise. Murdering the innocent to advance an ideology is wrong every time, everywhere. Freeing people from oppression and despair is eternally right. This Nation must continue to speak out for justice and truth. We must always be willing to act in their defense and to advance the cause of peace.

一方面我们在处理这些眼前和未来的挑战,另一方面美国必须保持自己在道义上的明确性。我经常谈及善恶问题,这令一些人颇感不适。但是目前这个世界确实存在着善恶双方,而且双方之间无法达成妥协。通过谋杀无辜来宣扬某种意识形态无论在何时何地都是错误的。将人们从压迫与绝望中解救出来是永远正确的。美国必须坚持为正义与真理而呼喊,我们必须保护正义与真理,并且推动和平事业的发展。

President Thomas Jefferson once wrote, "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past." As I leave the house he occupied two centuries ago, I share that optimism. America is a young country, full of vitality, constantly growing and renewing itself. And even in the toughest times, we lift our eyes to the broad horizon ahead.

托马斯-杰斐逊曾写到:“相比于过去的历史,我更喜欢未来的梦想。”随着我马上要离开白宫,我赞同杰斐逊这样的乐观精神。美国是一个年轻的国家,充满了活力,不断发展与更新。即便在最艰难的时候,美国仍然没有放弃对未来的梦想。

I have confidence in the promise of America because I know the character of our people. This is a Nation that inspires immigrants to risk everything for the dream of freedom. This is a Nation where citizens show calm in times of danger and compassion in the face of suffering. We see examples of America's character all around us. And Laura and I have invited some of them to join us in the White House this evening.

我了解我们民族的特质,因此我也相信美国的明天会更美好。这是一个鼓励移民们为自由的梦想而去尝试一切事情的国家,这是一个在面对危险使仍然镇定的国家,这是一个面对苦难仍抱有同情心的国家。我们在身边的每一个人身上都可以看到美国的特征。今晚,受我和夫人劳拉的邀请,一切代表也来到了白宫。

We see America's character in Dr. Tony Recasner, a principal who opened a new charter school from the ruins of Hurricane Katrina. We see it in Julio Medina, a former inmate who leads a faith-based program to help prisoners returning to society. We see it in Staff Sergeant Aubrey McDade, who charged into an ambush in Iraq and rescued three of his fellow Marines.

我们看到里卡斯钠博士的美国特质,这位校长在卡特里娜飓风的废墟中开办一所新的特许学校。我们看到麦地那身上的美国特质,这位前囚犯带领一个以信仰为基础的项目,帮助囚犯重回社会。我们在上士麦达德身上的美国特质,他负责伊拉克的一次埋伏并拯救了三名同伴的海军陆战队队员。

We see America's character in Bill Krissoff, a surgeon from California. His son Nathan, a Marine, gave his life in Iraq. When I met Dr. Krissoff and his family, he delivered some surprising news: He told me he wanted to join the Navy Medical Corps in honor of his son. This good man was 60 years old – 18 years above the age limit. But his petition for a waiver was granted, and for the past year he has trained in battlefield medicine. Lieutenant Commander Krissoff could not be here tonight, because he will soon deploy to Iraq, where he will help save America's wounded warriors and uphold the legacy of his fallen son.

我在外科医生克里索夫身上看到了美国人民的伟大个性。克里索夫的儿子,一名海军,在伊拉克光荣地献出了自己的生命。当我见到克里索夫和他家人的时候,他告诉了我一个惊人的消息:他告诉我,为了缅怀儿子,他希望加入美国海军医疗团。克里索夫已经60岁了,超过了年龄限制,但是他的申请得到了批准。在过去的一年中,克里索夫接受了良好的训练,但已经荣升少校的他今晚不能来到这里,他很快就会前往伊拉克,在那里他可以救助我们受伤的勇士并继续他儿子为完成的事业。

In citizens like these, we see the best of our country – resilient and hopeful, caring and strong. These virtues give me an unshakable faith in America. We have faced danger and trial, and there is more ahead. But with the courage of our people and confidence in our ideals, this great Nation will never tire … never falter … and never fail.

同时,从美国公民身上,我看到了我们国家优秀的一面-我们的国家充满关怀和希望,这样的优点令我对国家有着坚贞的信念。我们面临着危险和审判,而且在未来我们仍将需要应对更多的挑战。然而,依靠你们的勇气和信心,伟大的美国永远会稳如磐石,从来不会走向没落。

It has been the privilege of a lifetime to serve as your President. There have been good days and tough days. But every day I have been inspired by the greatness of our country and uplifted by the goodness of our people. I have been blessed to represent this Nation we love. And I will always be honored to carry a title that means more to me than any other: citizen of the United States of America.

对我来说,能够担任你们的总统,是我一生的荣耀。我有过欢乐也有过困苦。但是,每天我都会受到伟大祖国的鼓舞,并且我也一直在为我们的国家祈祷。在以后的时光里,我会永远珍视这样一段话:美利坚合众国的公民。

And so, my fellow Americans, for the final time: Good night. May God bless this house and our next President. And may God bless you and our wonderful country.

我亲爱的同胞们,我的演说就到这里了,晚安!愿上帝保佑奥巴马!愿上帝保佑你和我们美好的国家!

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共2回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:布什09告别演说:中英双语对照演讲稿
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找