用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[轻松英语]我有422个朋友,但我很孤单

字体:    回复
[轻松英语]我有422个朋友,但我很孤单
suitel(2014/11/26 9:59:27)  点击:94802  回复:0  IP:180.* * *
在YouTube上,有一个微电影被许多评论家评为反科学(Anti-technology)。这个视频由Gary Turk编写、表演并执导。

I have 422 friends, yet I amlonely

我有422个朋友,但我还是孤伶伶的。

I speakto all of them every day, yet none of them really know me.

我每天跟他们所有人说话,但他们没有一人真正了解我。

The problem I have sits in thespaces between

我所拥有的问题,存在於那之中的空间

Lookinginto their eyes, or at a name on a screen.

是要看著他们的双眼,或是看著萤幕上的名字

I took a step back and opened myeyes,

我向后退了一步,并睁开我的双眼,

I lookedaround and realized,

我环顾四周,发现,

Thismedia we call social is anything but

这个我们称作社交的媒体一点也不社交

When weopen our computers and it's our doors we shut.

当我们打开我们的电脑,我们就关上了那道门。

All this technology we have, it'sjust an illusion,

我们拥有的所有这些科技,只是个假象

Communitycompanionship, a sense of inclusion, yet

社会的陪伴、一种包容感,然而

When youstep away from this device of delusion

当你远离这个欺瞒的装置,

Youawaken to see a world of confusion,

你会觉醒看见这个充满混淆的世界,

A worldwhere we're slaves to the technology we mastered

一个我们受到我们精通的科技所奴役的世界

Whereinformation gets sold by some rich greedy bastard,

在那儿资讯被某些富有贪婪的混蛋出卖,

A worldof self interest, self image, self promotion

一个充斥个人利益、个人影像、个人推广的世界

Where weall share our best bits, but leave out the emotion.

在那儿我们全都分享我们最好的一面,但将情绪抛诸脑后。

We're at our most happy with anexperience we share,

我们在分享经验时是最快乐的,

But isit the same if no one is there?

但如果没人同在,还会是一样的吗?

Be there for your friends andthey'll be there too,

对你的朋友伸出援手,他们也会同等付出

But noone will be if a group message will do.

但如果有个群组讯息可以做到的话,就没人会去做。

We edit and exaggerate, craveadulation.

我们编辑、夸大、渴望得到奉承。

Wepretend not to notice the social isolation.

我们假装没有注意到社交孤立。

We putour words into order and tint our lives a glistening.

我们将我们的文字依序编排,将我们的生活点缀得闪闪发光。

We don'teven know if anyone is listening.

我们甚至不晓得是否有任何人在倾听。

Being alone isn't a problem,

孤独并不是个问题,

Let mejust emphasize, if you read a book, paint a picture, or do some exercise.

让我就再强调,如果你读本书、画幅画、或做些运动

You'rebeing productive and present, not reserved and recluse.

你是具有生产力且活在当下的,不是沉默且孤独的。

You'rebeing awake and attentive and putting your time to good use.

你正清醒且全心投入,并有效利用你的时间

So whenyou're in public, and you start to feel alone

所以当你处在群众之中,你开始感到孤单的时候,

Put yourhands behind your head, step away from the phone.

就将你的双手放在头的后面,远离手机。

Youdon't need to stare at your menu, or at your contact list.

你不需要盯著你的选单,或是你的通讯录。

Justtalk to one another, learn to co-exist.

只要跟彼此对话,学著共存。

I can't stand to hear the silenceof a busy commuter train

我无法忍受听到繁忙的通勤火车上一声不响

When noone wants to talk for the fear of looking insane.

没人想要开口,因为怕看起来像疯子。

We'rebecoming unsocial,

我们正变得无法做社会交流,

It nolonger satisfies to engage with one another, and look into someone's eyes.

与彼此交流、看著某人的双眼再也无法满足人们了。

We'resurrounded by children, who since they were born,

我们被孩子围绕,他们自出生后,

Havewatched us living like robots, who now think it's the norm.

就看著我们像机器人般过活,现在认为这是种常态。

It's notvery likely you'll make world's greatest dad,

你不大可能会成为世界上最好的爸爸,

If youcan't entertain a child without using an iPad.

如果你没办法不用iPad就能取悦孩子的话。

When I was a child, I'd never behome,

当我还是个孩子,我从未待在家,

Be outwith my friends, on our bikes we'd roam.

我和我的朋友们外出,骑著我们的脚踏车闲晃。

I'd wearholes on my trainers, and graze up my knees.

我会穿著破洞的球鞋,擦伤我的双膝。

We'dbuild our own clubhouse, high up in the trees.

我们会筑起我们自己的俱乐部,高高地在树上。

Now thepark's so quiet, it gives me a chill,

现在公园是如此地宁静,让我不寒而栗,

See nochildren outside and the swings hanging still.

看到没有孩子在外头,而秋千静止不动。

There'sno skipping, no hopscotch, no church and no steeple.

没有跳绳、没有跳房子游戏、没有上教堂、没有教堂的尖塔。

We're ageneration of idiots, smart phones and dumb people.

我们是一个充满白痴、智慧型手机、和愚蠢人们的世代。

So look up from your phone, shutdown the display.

所以从你的手机抬起头来、关上萤幕。

Take inyour surroundings, make the most of today.

接纳你周遭的事物,将今天发挥到淋漓尽致。

Just onereal connection is all it can take

只要一次真正的接触,这就足以

To showyou the difference that being there can make.

告诉你亲临现场可以造成的不同。

Be there in the moment that shegives you the look

在她给了你那眼神的那一刻亲临现场

That youremember forever as when love overtook

当爱情席卷而来时你会永远记得

The timeshe first held your hand, or first kissed your lips

她第一次牵你的手、或是第一次吻你的唇之时

The timeyou first disagreed but you still love her to bits.

你们第一次争执,但你还是爱她爱到一发不可收拾之时。

The timeyou don't have to tell hundreds of what you've just done

你不必细数上百件你才刚做好的事之时

Becauseyou want to share this moment with just this one.

因为你只想和这个人分享此时此刻。

The timeyou sell your computer, so you can buy a ring

你卖掉你的电脑,好能买只戒指之时

For thegirl of your dreams, who is now the real thing.

为了你梦中的女孩,她现在是千真万确的事情了。

The timeyou want to start a family, and the moment when

你想要成家之时,还有那一刻

Youfirst hold your little girl, and get to fall in love again.

你第一次抱著你的小女孩,并再次恋爱了。

The timeshe keeps you up at night, and all you want is rest

她整晚让你不得安宁、你想要的只有休息之时

And thetime you wipe away the tears as your baby flees the nest

还有当你的宝贝离巢而去,你擦去泪水之时

The timeyour baby girl returns, with a boy for you to hold

你的宝贝女儿回来,带著个男孩给你抱抱之时

And thetime he calls you granddad and makes you feel real old.

还有他叫你爷爷,让你感觉真的好老之时。

The timeyou've taken all you've made, just by giving life attention.

你记录下所有你曾做过的事情之时,仅仅是透过重视生活。

And howyou're glad you didn't waste it, by looking down at some invention.

还有你多麼庆幸你没有将它给浪费掉,因为光低头看著某些发明。

The timeyou hold your wife's hand, sit down beside her bed,

你握著你妻子的手之时,坐在她的床边,

You tellher that you love her and lay a kiss upon her head.

你告诉她你爱她,并在她头上留下个吻。

She thenwhispers to you quietly as her heart gives a final beat

接著当她的心脏跳最后一下时,她低声悄悄地告诉你

Thatshe's lucky she got stopped by that lost boy in the street.

她很幸运能被那在街头迷路的男孩给叫住。

But none of these times everhappened, you never had any of this.

但这些时光从未发生过,你未曾体验过这之中任何一个。

Whenyou're too busy looking down, you don't see the chances you miss.

当你太忙於低著头,你就看不见你错失的机会。

So lookup from your phone, shut down those displays.

所以从你的手机抬起头,关上那些萤幕。

We havea final act existence, a set number of days.

我们有个最终的存在期限,一段固定的天数。

Don'twaste your life getting caught in the net,

别浪费你的人生沉迷在网路中,

As whenthe end comes nothing's worse than regret.

当人生终点来临时,没有什麼比悔恨更糟糕的。

I'mguilty too of being part of this machine,

对於成为这台机器的一部分我也深感罪恶

Thisdigital world, we are heard but not seen

在这个数位世界,我们被听见、但没有被看见

Where wetype as we talk, and we read as we chat

在那儿我们讲话用打字的,我们聊天用读的

Where wespend hours together without making eye contact.

在那儿我们聚在一起数个小时却没有眼神交流。

So don'tgive into a life where you follow the hype.

别陷入一段随波逐流的人生。

Givepeople your love, don't give them your "like."

给人们你的爱,不要给他们你的「赞」。

Disconnectfrom the need to be heard and defined.

与想要被听见、被定义的需求断绝关系。

Go outinto the world, leave distractions behind.

走出去进入世界,将令人分心的事物给抛在后头。

Look upfrom your phone. Shut down that display.

从你的手机抬起头看看。关掉那萤幕。

Stopwatching this video. Live life the real way.

别再看这部影片了。以真实的方式过生活吧。

 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[轻松英语]我有422个朋友,但我很孤单
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×
  

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找